Thursday, June 20, 2013

Learn: Making an Animated Gif

There's a work project that I would like to develop where a banner featuring company logos transitions in order to show a number of company logos for a few seconds.

It's basically an animated gif banner using company logos for finalist companies in an award competition. The banner will feature all the participating company logos, and since there's a few of them, they can rotate through so all of them appear in a few seconds.

The bad news is, I haven't made an animated gif since approximately 1999-2000.
So I have completely forgotten how I used to make them.

To remedy this issue, I went and looked up animated gif tutorials on trusty YouTube and Google search. There's a lot of programs that can make these nowadays!

Here's some of the highlights from the tutorials that I found. Hopefully they can help out someone who is also wondering...

Wired: How-To Make an Animated GIF


To make an animated gif using Adobe ImageReady:



To make an animated gif using Microsoft Paint and UnFreeze:

No comments:

Post a Comment