Friday, August 20, 2010

Sony VAIO Battery

The Sony VAIO battery that  came with my laptop (circa 2007) expired sometime earlier this year. I put off looking for a replacement, because, honestly, I was ticked off.

I finally bit the bullet and went on Amazon where I found a super economic replacement option, which has worked out wonderfully thus far.

Along with the new investment  comes common sense practices, which I've earnestly begun to adopt now. The biggest #fail on my part was leaving the laptop plugged into the AC overnight while hibernating or while downloading media. I can do that now, but only if I remove the battery first. I really have to retrain myself in embracing the fact that batteries on laptops serve only the purpose of providing juice to a moving laptop, not plugged in laptops. Duh.

In either January or February I found myself in the position of looking for a new cable/adaptor cord, for same laptop, because the one I had, began spontaneously sparking while on the sofa. Closer inspection revealed a cut in the black cable plastic covering, exposing some cut filament which began sparking. The new cable worked effortlessly until I began noticing a crackling noise again earlier this summer. *palmface*

In commenting to the significant-other unit about my need for some isolation tape, he helpfully suggested wrapping some scotch tape around it and leaving it as far away from Master Benny (the Baying Beagle) and the sofa cushions as possible when unattended. That's worked thus far.

Now, if only I could get the laptop from heating up enough to scorch my lap when in use...

No comments:

Post a Comment