Saturday, October 17, 2009

AddThis Widget

I updated my Blogger blogs due to a need to clean up the right-hand column.
  1. I added a gadget with HTML/JavaScript as the first thing on the right-hand column, to show the AddThis chicklet, the BlogCatalog chicklet, the Technorati favorites add link, and rss/email subscription links.
  2. I standardized across my blogs the order of when the AdSense gadget and the Amazon/plus personal links gadget shows up.
  3. In the process of doing all of the above I noticed my rss/email subscription code was screwed up and linked to an incorrect blog (for most of my blogs orz) so that's been taken care of now.
  4. This AddThis help page helped me figure out how to add the AddThis button at the end of each blog post.
  5. Throughout this housecleaning I noticed Blogger changes
    tags to
    for some reason ?_?
  6. I'm tired now, this took 1 hour and my carpal tunnel is the worse it's been in a long time this week :(
Next I'm planning on adding my Zazzle store and Flickr widgets to all my blogs not just a select few. That should help with cross-feeding some visits.

I hope this helps someone looking to clean up and/or add useful links to their blogger blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment