Thursday, December 19, 2013

Screen Backgrounds

I have new background images/wallpaper for my smartphone and my workstation at work.

I usually like to change up the theme in both my phone and my workstation (but not to match) so that I keep things interesting.

I found a particularly lovely image in my standard computer backgrounds collection that reminds me of hot, spicy food and autumn so it keeps me "warm" just looking at it. Go figure, what unusual reactions things have in me, yeah?

work computer background (toasty)
For my phone I used a photo I captured on Instagram of an absolutely lovely sunset. I love sunsets because it's usually the time of day in wintertime that I get to leave work, so my day sorta actually begins.

It's nice having time to do whatever I want to after being cooped up in an office all day (lunch hour not withstanding).

I recently reset my Galaxy S3 phone and lost all my ringtones and photos--a small loss I was willing to take in hopes that the OS would run a little smoother. Also, I'll be traveling overseas at the end of the year, so I wanted to have a clean slate to make sure everything worked well with my new global service plan for this next, upcoming cycle.
phone background

This has been a great phone, overall, but I noticed an unusual lag between when I clicked on a text field and when the keyboard popped up, or, sometimes, when I clicked on some applications and when the applications actually opened up.

I found out through trial and error that any delay is usually a symptom of an update that needs to be made in the background. Just going into the Google Play store and downloading whatever updates I wanted to get and then rebooting the phone typically resolved the issue.

I guess a screen background can be a great type of accessory or expression of personality and individuality. It's something that I categorize as a tiny pleasure during the day. It's nice to have some control over these small details that bring a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment