Friday, April 5, 2013

Publish a Google Drive Presentation to Blogger

Step 1. Publish to Web
I developed a Google Presentations slideshow to showcase my professional background with the goal to upload it to a new "Professional Inquiries" Page on my personal Blogger blog.

I managed to learn how to use Google Presentations AND how to upload a presentation to Blogger with this project! That's what I call shooting two birds with one mouse. xD

The process I followed in Google Drive is as follows:

Step 2. Options for Publish to Web
I created my presentation in Google Drive and made sure it saved. While the file was open, I looked under the File menu and selected Publish to the Web.

There was a pop-up reminding me that publishing to the web had no impact on the visibility of the presentation within My Drive.

I clicked OK and proceeded to the Publish to the Web pop-up window, where I now had a variety of options to select from. For my particular needs I opted for a small size and to restart the slide show after the last slide. I left all the other options as they were.

Now that all my options were selected, I clicked inside the embedding code box and copied it.
Step 3. Add New Blank Page to Blog


The process for the Blogger portion:

In a separate tab in my browser, I opened up my Blogger Dashboard and clicked on the correct blog from my list of personal blogs.

Step 3. Paste the HTML code into the Page
The blog's dedicated dashboard opened up. On the left-hand side menu options, I selected the Pages tab. I started up a new, blank page.

Once on the blank page, I entered the page title "Professional Inquiries" and clicked on the HTML button to edit the html of this new page.

Once on the HTML editing section, I pasted the code from Google Drive, then clicked back on the Compose button to see how it looked. I centered the embedded presentation, then saved the page.

New Page with Embedded Presentation








No comments:

Post a Comment