Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Facebook Friends Likes and Comments

With Facebook's latest revamp, one can easily become overwhelmed by seeing friends' likes and comments on other friends' walls.

I personally would rather not see people's photos and posts if they're not on my own friends list. So what to do?

The reason I am interested in this feature is that I accidentally commented twice on other people's walls or photos because I thought they belonged to my friends when they appeared on my feed.

Unsubscribing from a Facebook Friend's Comments and Likes
There's a reason I don't have some people on my friends list, and there's no reason why other people's friends need to have me posting on their pictures and uploads! Otherwise we'd all have all our posts set to public. Right?

Apparently there isn't a mass-unsubscribe option, which of course would be a fantastic and easy service to users.

Instead, you can target each instance of TMI sharing as it happens on your feed. Just click on the upper right hand corner of a particular "offending" post--you'll see a little white down-arrow where you need to click. A pop-up menu will appear. Look for the very last option on the bottom, that says "Unsubscribe from the comments and likes by XXX" and you're done.

Cheers!

PS - doesn't that baby jaguar in the photo look like it's ready to hurt someone? ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment