Tuesday, September 7, 2010

iTunes 10

My friend and I were WAY overexcited about iTunes 10. So much so, we stayed online till 10 pm CT when they released it, so we could both download it and compare notes.

Did I mention my friend was in Minnesota and I am in Illinois? IM rules.

my library on iTunes 10 
So we each realized something as we began our respective downloads, mine was a lot faster than his, even though we both have DSL. That was peculiar. After that, nothing much differed. Installation and use was just as fine.

This version of iTunes changed most of the interface to a gray hue, and added Apple's new music social networking tool, Ping. I'm not really sure what to make of Ping yet. You can follow other people with similar music tastes (yeah, on Last.fm and Pandora you can as well) and follow musicians and groups (yeah, so can you on Facebook, duh). So I'm not really sure what the use of it is.

Apple may very well drop it a la Google Wave. Time will tell. I also don't know what to make with this new default view, where you have album art, album name, song, artist, etc. I kinda hate it. I switched to the regular list view which I used before. I really don't care much for the album cover view.

One thing that I can tell you right now, is that my laptop's gotten worse with this latest install. So much so that it hangs continuously, making surfing, chatting, or pretty much anything quite the chore. This must be a heavy iTunes install. Must be sucking the memory (.99GB) dry outta my ole VAIO.

This sucks because this is the laptop I use to sync my iPhone...and although I was able to share my iTunes music library between two computers using Dropbox, I am unable to get my iTunes on my Mac Book Pro to recognize what apps my iPhone should have. This makes me not a happy camper.

I checked online and pretty much no one supports RAM to fit this make of laptop anymore. Makes me feel antiquated and dusty. In a corner like.

Steve Jobs said during his Apple Music Keynote that the new iPhones OS update would come out in November. Here we go again...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment